Vastu Tips for Residential
- Chosen plots should be Square or Rectangular in Shape. Avoid Irregular shaped plots.
- The construction should be more towards the South-West corner rather than the North-East corner.
- There should be no closed building structures till the boundary of your site, in any direction.
- North-East should be light weighted as against South-West, which should be taller and heavy weighted comparatively.
- There should be no extensions or cuts at the corners of the building.
- Stumpy/low ground level in the North-East and balanced/high level in all other directions is mandatory for the building structure. (Please note that the North-East relates to intelligence/brain & North-West relates to psyche/mind)
- Main Entrance facing East direction close to North direction.
- Main Entrance facing North direction close to East direction.
- Main Entrance facing South direction close to East direction.
- Main Entrance facing West direction close to North direction.
- Construction of lofts should be on the West & South walls only.
- Northwest is best suited for lavatories.
- Length and breadth of the rooms do not have any impact as per Vastu.
- The seating position in lavatory should be north facing or South facing.
- No high ceiling at any portion of the house.
- Septic tank should be constructed at the North-West portion of the house.
- Sump should be constructed at the North-east portion of the house.
- Kitchen should be provided at the South East corner of the house. Optionally it can be constructed at the North-West portion.
- While cooking face East direction in the kitchen. (Both South-East & North-West)
- Kitchen slap should not touch the North wall in the South East Kitchen.
- Windows should be provided at the East wall of the kitchen & it should be close to North direction.
- Also provide window at the south wall of the kitchen and it should be close to East direction.
- Sink should be kept at the North East corner of the Kitchen.
- Store room can be provided at South West corner of the Kitchen.
- Do not provide Utility room at the South East corner in the house.
- Do not provide attach Wash room at the South East corner of the kitchen in the house.
- Loft and Shelf provide only at the South & West wall of the kitchen.
- Exhaust Fan should be provide at the South wall of the kitchen.
- Kitchen entrance should be provide at the North of North East corner in the South East portion.
- Kitchen back door should be provide only at the South of South East corner in the house.
- Do not provide the Arch open in between the South East kitchen and Dining room.
- We can provide the Square or Rectangle open in between the South East Kitchen and Dining room.
- Living room should be constructed at the North-East corner of the house.
- Living room should have windows both at the north and the east of the north-east corner.
- North side window should be close to the East wall and the East window should be close to the North wall.
- Study Room should be at the North-East portion.
- TV & Showcases should be at the South and the West wall of the living room in the house.
- North Door should be close to the East wall and the East Door should be close to the North wall.
- Weightless Sofa and Chairs at the North East portion is good and those can be placed at the South and the West directions.
- Power Box should not be kept at the North-East portion of the living room.
- Loft and Shelf should only at the South and the West wall of the North East living room.
- No toilet at the North- East corner of the house.
- Lofts which are constructed at the South wall should not touch the East Wall and the lofts which are constructed at the West wall should not touch the North wall.
- Sit out at the North East corner of the house is not advisable.
Bathroom is an integral part of the house, so construction of the bathroom should be in an appropriate place. Construction at the wrong place leads to many problems, both physically and mentally to the members of the house.
- North-west direction is recommended for constructing bathrooms and toilets.
- Attached bathroom should be at the North-west portion.
- Geyser can be placed at the North-west or the South-east portion of the bathroom.
- Bathrooms should not be constructed at the Northeast, the South-west and the South-east corners of the house.
- Ventilators should be provided at the West and the North walls.
- No bathrooms near the kitchen.
- The Seating position in lavatory should be facing North or South.
- Water closet can be put at the South and the West walls of the bathroom.
- It is mandatory to construct the bedroom on the South West portion of the house.
- It should neither have a low ceiling nor a high ceiling. Ceiling level should be the same.
- Shelves should be on the South wall or on the West wall.
- No windows on the South West corner of the bedroom.
- There should not be any beam crossing over the bed.
- Flooring should be on the same level.
- Wooden cots and shelves are preferable than iron or steel cots and shelves.
- There should not any opening on the ceiling.
- Specifically, the restroom attached to the bedroom should be on the North West portion of the room.
- If we provide a separate garage, it should be constructed at the north-west, south-east or south-west part of the house.
- Never have the garage at the north-east part of the house and the most important thing we should follow is that the garage construction should not touch the compound wall and the building. It should be constructed separately.
- Next, we can provide the portico space as a part of the building construction.
- It should not come at the north-east part of the building.
- There should not be any pillar structure or any supporting structure from the roof level to the ground level of the building for the car portico, because it will extend the particular corner of the house. Instead, make a cantilever type extension as you need from the roof level of the building, so that, it does not need any supporting structure.
- Finally, never use the basement of the building for car parking.
- Septic tank should be at the north-west portion of the house.
- The septic tank should not come at the north east, South East and South west.
- The drainage pipes in the toilet and bathroom must have their passage in the West or the North-west.
- Septic tank should be outside the house and should come inside the compound wall. Also, it should not touch the compound wall and the mother wall.
- It should always be constructed at the ground level and must not touch the main wall of the house i.e. compound wall.
- The drainage pipes in the toilet and bathroom must have their passage in the West or North-west.
- Drainage pipes in the Southern portion of the house must be removed, but if it is already there, then the passage should be in the East or the North.
Bore Well or Well
- Bore well or well should be located in the North-East part of the house or plot.
- Bore well or well should not be located in the south, south-west, west, north-west part of the house or plot.
- It should not be in the diagonal part of the north-east corner of the house.
- The well should not be surrounded by a wall, because it may cause ill effects.
- The well should be closed, if there is no water
- Pooja should be constructed in North East corner facing East direction and should not be in South West corner.
- While designing the pooja room, it should be borne in mind that it should not be a separate room, as we must not stand/walk above it. For instance, if the pooja room is on the ground floor and people walk/stand on the first floor, it is like walking/standing on god.
- Hence, it is apt to have a small shelf attached to a wall or carved as a part of a wall for the purpose of pooja.
- Wooden shelf or cupboard facing the east should be used as pooja room.
- Carved shelf in the wall should not protrude from the wall.